Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The successful candidate will perform various engineering-related tasks in support of the Aviation program and the Capital Program at Republic Airport. Under the direct supervision of the Aviation Bureau Director, and in coordination with Aviation staff and appropriate regional/consultant personnel, the incumbent will support various Aviation programs and services. Broad categories of support include design review, consultant management, capital program management, and grant program management. While the scope of work will be statewide, the candidate will also assist in the implementation of capital projects at State-owned Republic Airport.
While experience in airport design or planning, or in airport management is desirable, this position does not require prior experience in this area. The selected candidate will receive appropriate guidance and training in airport design concepts, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, and relevant issues related to Republic Airport.
General duties include, but not limited to:
• Review plans, specifications, estimates, engineering design and construction agreements for airport grant projects;
• Assist in the implementation and management of Aviation Capital Improvement grant programs;
• Provide support for Aviation Capital Grant Program development and application scoring;
• Assist with management of consultant staff undertaking design and planning studies on behalf of NYSDOT;
• Assist in the oversight and compliance of Minority/Women Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) requirements for capital projects;
• Perform airport safety inspections as requested (training will be provided);
• Oversee and manage projects, including budget and schedule tracking, for capital projects at Republic Airport;
• Oversee and manage consultants, including preparation and review of consultant project scope, cost and schedule, for capital projects at Republic Airport;
• Work with Bureau staff in the review of Airport Master Plans and Airport Layout Plans for reasonableness and consistency; and
• Supervise one to three staff.
Occasional travel will be required. Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Computer experience in database and spreadsheet software (e.g. MS Access, MS Excel), as well as GIS software (e.g. ArcGIS), is desirable
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
“If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.”
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 6-4