Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
4 Fair Street
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must currently be a permanent Nurse 2;
Must currently be a permanent Nurse 1 with one year of post-licensure registered nurse clinical experience;
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Nurse 2.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform daily nursing assessments.
• Act as health liaison with medical consultants.
• Coordinate and schedule medical follow-up, including completion of consultations.
• Provide first aid and emergency nursing care.
• Provide supervision to the LPN’s and the direct care staff on medical issues.
• Provide in-service health training to individuals, family and staff.
• Monitor and order pharmaceutical supplies for each individual.
• Meet documentation requirement i.e. obtaining & transcribing physicians’ orders, daily nursing note, semi-annual nursing summaries, health charts, medication regimen reviews and case review summaries.
• Attend team reviews and present information, as needed.
Additional Comments Please note:
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.