Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Note: The purpose of this vacancy posting is to notify individuals about transfer opportunities. Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
70.1 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS:
Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 11 or above and eligible for transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Program Aide (former title Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide) is available through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
As a Program Aide in the Personnel Bureau List Unit, you would perform paraprofessional activities and assist staff in projects that involve some independent preparation of written materials and reports, maintaining databases, analysis of information, presenting information and formulating recommendations. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Utilize the NYS Civil Service Database to create/send canvass letters, track canvass letter responses, enter canvass responses into NYS Civil Service database, and create acceptor lists
• Monitor all List Unit shared mailboxes
• Upload Job postings to various websites
• Reach out to candidates for additional information when necessary
• Prepare job vacancy responses for Human Resources Specialists
• Schedule and administer keyboarding tests and language proficiency exams
• Prepare and send correspondence to candidates when necessary
• Answer phone calls and emails regarding canvasses and Job Vacancy Announcements
• Assist with other office duties as assigned
• Customer service experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience working with Excel
The Personnel Bureau works in a team setting. Every employee is expected to exhibit professionalism through a consistent commitment to the development and maintenance of excellent work relationships with others, including DOL employees and staff from various control agencies. Our collaborative work environment supports staff growth and development. Successful candidates must possess the ability to work independently, and with others; handle multiple and shifting priorities; and have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
State Office Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID # 62273 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.