AgencyEmpire State Development, NYS
TitleDirector, NYS Innovation Venture Capital Fund (Ref# SJ030)
Occupational CategoryOther Professional Careers
Salary RangeFrom $80000 to $80000 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Exempt Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education level required: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, chemistry, biotechnology or related field (or equivalent work experience in one or more of these sectors) required. Advanced Degree in Business, Law, Economics or Public Policy preferred.
Equivalent Experience Knowledge Required: Three or more years of investment related experience at a PE/VC firm, or in the alternative two or more years of investment banking, legal or strategy consulting experience; Strong knowledge and passion for life sciences technology and entrepreneurship; Solid writing and financial analysis background; Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships; Analytical skill and ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations; Excellent computer and organizational skills; Ability to work with limited supervision; Ability to articulate ideas in a group setting.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION: The Director will be integrally involved in all aspects of Bio-Sciences Investment Activities for the NYSIVC Fund, including the identification of potential investments, the due diligence related to those investments, and post-investment monitoring activities related to the investment portfolio. Specific areas of focus would include the design & operation of a multi-year, state-wide Bio-Sciences business plan competition; as well as managing the $5M investment initiative for the prevention and treatment of breast/prostate cancer.
• Developing operating processes for the business plan competition, recruiting applicants for the competition and organizing review committees to select winning proposals
• Organizing and managing the breast/prostate cancer prevention and treatment initiative, assembling an Advisory Board and identifying promising investment in the sector
• Participating in all aspects of the investment due diligence process for fund investments in the Bio-Sciences sector including market sizing and mapping, competitive market identification, and industry research
• Developing and maintaining financial models related to VC financings, investment deal and company restructurings, valuation analyses, and liquidity events
• Preparing new investment deal review and presentation materials for the NYSIVC Fund Investment Advisory Committee and the ESD Board of Directors
• Supporting active deal flow by sourcing new investments including participating in meetings with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and maintaining deal pipeline records
• Maintaining the NYSIVC company portfolio – This includes collecting and reviewing quarterly financial information, maintaining investment data, preparing company updates, and constructing professional presentation materials
• Assist in the analysis of the Innovate Fund-of-Fund’s portfolio (as needed)
• Monitoring all business plan competitions throughout the State for NYSIVC involvement
• Outreach to NYS incubators for deal sourcing and partnering
Additional Comments -Salary starting at specified amount
-Comprehensive benefits package
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity*
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.