Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• You must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had permanent competitive or 55-
b/55-c service as a Developmental Assistant 1, Developmental Assistant 1 (In Residence Model),* Developmental Assistant 2, Senior Licensed Nurse 2 or Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 2. After one year of the service described above, successful candidates will be qualified for appointment from the eligible list.
• Any current Developmental Assistant 3.
• Any permanent employee eligible for 70.1 transfer, OR
• Currently reachable for appointment on the NYS Department of Civil Service list.
• In the event that there is not a valid list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description Under the supervision of the Treatment Team Leader responsibilities will include, but are
not limited to:
• Providing direct supervision of DA2’s and ongoing oversight of Direct Care
• Ensuring the completion of incident reports and the submission of accurate
supporting investigative documentation to the QI department, as well as the
ICF TTL within the required time frame. The candidate will also ensure that
appropriate notifications are made including but not limited to the Justice
Center, Willow-brook liaisons and family members- *Will also be responsible
for conducting internal investigations.
• Assisting to ensure recommendations derived from investigations are
fulfilled and confirmation is submitted to the QI Department-as required.
• Ensuring that all Direct Care/DSA staff are in compliance with all applicable trainings.
• Monitoring staff trainings and works with Workforce and Talent Management to schedule Direct Care/DSA staff for trainings as mandated.
• Serving as Interdisciplinary Treatment Team member (ie. participating in individual’s Quarterly/CFA annual and special team meetings).
• Providing oversight over the completion of Times, staffing schedules, overtime, days off of subordinate staff- including oversight of the system to monitor mandated overtime for subordinate staff.
• Collaborating with the Staffing Coordinator to ensure sufficient staffing patterns.
• Ensuring that fire drills are conducted as required and documented accurately.
• Ensuring that all personal care needs of the individuals are met.
• Providing oversight of finances including personal allowance, residential petty cash expenditures.
• Providing oversight of environmental/maintenance needs and ensures that Facility Max request (s)/submission of purchase request(s) are submitted timely, as needed.
• Performing administrative activities related to the daily operations of the ICF.
• Ensuring compliance with DOH regulatory requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact: NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office, Telephone# (518) 473-9689/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.