Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Permanent service as a Developmental Assistant 1 or Developmental Assistant 2 in a New York State agency eligible for
At least one year of permanent service in the title of Direct Support Assistant, Grade 9, eligible for 70.1 transfer pursuant to
Civil Service Law
Reachable on the current New York State Civil service list
Duties Description The candidate will supervise direct care staff in the delivery of services to the individuals residing
in the residence. Will perform direct care duties as required. Will be assigned management
administrative, program and client care responsibilities.
Additional Comments For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be
able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee
believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent
Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information
and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please
indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or
entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or
Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of
these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan
Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying
monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1150 Forest Hill Road, Human Resources Office