Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Contract Management Specialist 2 OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Contract Management Specialist 2 leads the Eastern Taconic Contract Hub. This hub processes transactions that require compliance with NYS Finance Law and procurement Guidelines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop and assist with the development and/or negotiation of contracts, RFPs, IFBs Sole/Single Source Procurements and other related financial documents
• Review proposed contracts for fiscal and programmatic correctness and adherence to State policy
• Prepare evaluation plan in accordance with NYS Law, rules and regulations
• Conduct preliminary reports and recommendations to approve or reject contracts
• Review procurement records to ensure that all applicable laws, rules and regulations are adhered to and that the proposed contracts represent the “best value” to New York State
• Review budget modifications and contract amendments to determine the impact on the contract and to ensure continued compliance with applicable regulations
• Prepare reports or draft reports outlining major changes for resolution by the Business Officer
• Draft written responses to interested parties on contract awards and contract status
• Follow up on proposed contracts throughout the approval process with internal reviewers and external approval agencies, such as the Attorney General’s Office and the Office of the State Comptroller
• Provide guidance, technical assistance and training to agency staff and/or potential bidder(s) to facilitate the contract and procurement processes, ensuring all control requirements are met
• Provide guidance to agency staff on the evaluation and selection process for various procurement methodologies
• to help prevent bid protests by unsuccessful bidders
• Develop model contracts to be used by the agency as a guideline for excellence in procurement methodology
• Supervision of several staff
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of office policies and procedures to monitor and control the contract process and achieve efficiency,
Additional Comments Travel will be involved in the performance of the duties of the position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext.3367
Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER