Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
521 Boices Lane
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 4 OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list
Transfer Qualifications: Candidate must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 4 (DDPS 4) will exercise administrative responsibilities for approximately 29 residential homes, serving 250 individuals, and 3 day program sites within Columbia, Greene and Ulster County catchment areas. The DDPS 4 will also have oversite for the Family Care Units for Columbia, Greene, Ulster, Dutchess and Putnam counties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
• Direct supervisory responsibility for 4-5 Treatment Team Leaders, as well as other managerial and clerical staff
• Provide oversight to management of all resources, including staffing, fiscal, and physical plant issues
• Ensure all program and residential sites are in compliance with all regulatory requirements
• Expected to assist in any emergency events
• Visit specified homes and program sites weekly
• Work collaboratively with Taconic’s Quality Improvement Department to ensure all State Operated investigations are completed timely and follow regulatory requirements, and take corrective action
• The DDPS 4 is expected to develop strong working relationships with families, union leadership, the Board of Visitors and others involved with the individuals with the overall operation of the homes under their supervision
• Actively participate as a member of the DDSOO’s leadership team, chair assigned committees and provide effective leadership to the residential teams in Columbia, Greene and Ulster Counties, along with Family Care in all 5 counties
Additional Comments Travel within the five-county catchment area will be required in the performance of the duties of the position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER