Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
163 Sullivan St
Minimum Qualifications Must be in title or on the Civil Service eligible list for this location or be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 in a designated title determined by the New York State Department of Civil Service.
Physical Therapy Assistant 1:
Open Competitive: Eligible* for or is certified and currently registered to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State.
*Candidate has completed a college program for physical therapy assistants registered by the New York State Education Department or accredited by a national accreditation agency satisfactory to NYSED; OR has completed a physical therapy program determined by NYSED to be equivalent to a registered program for physical therapy assistants. If candidate is applying under eligibility for certification, attach a copy of transcript or NYSED equivalency documentation.
Candidates interested in applying for the open-competitive opportunities must complete the New York State Application (https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit along with résumé and cover letter.
Duties Description The incumbent will be supervised by the Chief Physical Therapist. Duties will include performing standardized tests and measures, executing interventions and following treatment plans established by the Physical Therapist, participating in shoe and brace clinics and seating and positioning clinics as a member of the interdisciplinary team, attending meetings and trainings and providing training for staff including discipline specific training during New Employee Orientation as assigned by Chief PT. The PTA 1/2 position requires excellent communication skills including teaching and documentation. Knowledge of NYS Safe Patient Handling legislation/techniques and experience with complex seating and positioning is preferred. Physical demands are considerable and include bending, lifting, standing and walking to assist individuals during physical therapy treatments. NYS driver’s license is required for daily travel throughout Chemung and surrounding counties including but not limited to Steuben, Schuyler and Seneca to cover therapy needs at residences and Article 16 clinic sites as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
620 Westfall Road