Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
276 Chiarino Drive
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be in title OR on the Civil Service eligible list OR be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 in a designated title determined by the NYS Department of Civil Service. Provisional appointment pending exam may be considered. To be eligible for provisional appointment candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as follows:
Data Entry Machine Operator, Data Entry Machine Operator (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 1, Keyboard Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 2, Keyboard Specialist 2 (Spanish Language), Law Department Document Specialist, Law Department Document Specialist Trainee 1, Law Department Document Specialist Trainee 2, Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding, Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding (Chinese Language), Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding (Spanish Language), Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding, Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding (Spanish Language), or Senior Data Entry Machine Operator.
Only the title(s) listed is qualifying for this examination(s).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The person in this Secretary 1 position will provide administrative support to the Valley Ridge CIT offices, increasing the effectiveness of program staff by coordinating the paper flow of the office and carrying out the day-to-day administrative support activities required to accomplish the work of Valley Ridge. They will establish and maintain office procedures; design and implement filing systems; implement policies and procedures; maintain efficient work flow; resolve day-to-day operational programs; respond to phone calls; sort mail; organize, expedite, and follow up on projects; and coordinate information flow by acting as liaison among employees and departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a Secretary 1 at Valley Ridge CIT
• Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by January 11, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #190114A in all correspondence.