Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
291 Duell Road
Minimum Qualifications • Any permanent Developmental Assistant 2.
• Any permanent employee who would meet eligibility requirements for a 70.1 transfer.
• Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service list.
• Provisional appointment may be considered. To be eligible for appointment, candidates must have completed the Developmental Assistant Traineeship or Developmental Assistant Traineeship (In Residence Model) AND have at least one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Developmental Assistant 1 OR Developmental Assistant 1 (In Residence Model), OR Senior Licensed Practical Nurse 1.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Developmental Assistant 2s supervise and work with direct care staff to provide motivation and attend to the personal daily living needs of individuals with developmental disabilities to help them lead better lives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a Developmental Assistant 2 within the treatment team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by January 14, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #190114D in all correspondence.