Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
85 W. Yaphank Road
Minimum Qualifications Must possess a current license and registration to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State; OR
A current limited permit to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State (only applies to recent graduates of an accredited school of practical nursing); OR
Must currently be a permanent Licensed Practical Nurse working for New York State and eligible for transfer.
Note: This position requires the LPN to maintain a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State upon hire, and continually thereafter.
Duties Description The LPN will provide hands on nursing care to our individuals with complicated medical issues.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
• Performing specialized nursing care such as feedings, medication administration, and dressing.
• Responsible for daily observation and reporting changes in the clients’ status to the RN, Physician, and document accurately all incidents and occurrences in a timely manner.
• Prepare quarterly nursing reviews and attends ISP meetings.
• Attend to personal care, self-care and other needs of those individuals who require assistance, while always encouraging choice and independence daily to the most considerable extent as possible.
• Treat all individuals with dignity and respect and maintain individuals’ rights based on policy and procedure.
Additional Comments *Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory rate for CSEA Grade 10 ($38,113) and Geographic Pay Differential ($2,000). Geographic Pay Differential is added to the job rate
($46, 772) for CSEA Grade 10. Additional compensation may apply based on shift.
For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office