Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION
Under direction of the Legislative Liaison, the incumbent will review and analyze legislation and other policy issues under consideration by the New York State Legislature, consult internally to develop agency policies and its positions on, and responses to, specific legislation. The incumbent will also foster effective intergovernmental relationships by facilitating the agency’s Intergovernmental Program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Monitor legislative hearings, Assembly and Senate floor proceedings, and relevant State agency hearings by taking notes, collecting relevant documents, and reporting information to OPWDD advocates.
• Conduct research and analysis of new or existing State and national legislation in conjunction with OPWDD Counsel’s Office.
• Assist in responding to inquiries concerning status of bill, positions taken on bills, or the legislative process from OPWDD employees or other legislative offices.
• Assist in planning, establishing, and maintaining a communication network through which OPWDD personnel can receive and provide information.
• Compile statistics and write legislative reports for use by legislative staff.
• Analyze and prepare recommendations concerning new and amended developmental disabilities legislation and other legislation affecting OPWDD and prepare agency comments and/or recommendations to the Legislature.
• Analyze, review and draft of policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
• Work on special projects as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Familiarity with the legislative process
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue