Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
32 Townsend Street
Minimum Qualifications • Any permanent Developmental Assistant 1.
• Any permanent employee who would meet eligibility requirements for a 70.1 transfer.
• Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service list.
• Provisional appointment may be considered. To be eligible, candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Direct Support Assistant, Direct Support Assistant (IRM), Direct Support Assistant (Manual Communications) [formerly known as Developmental Aide, Developmental Aide (IRM), Developmental Aide (Manual Communications)], Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1, Licensed Practical Nurse, Mental Health Therapy Aide, Secure Care Treatment Aide, Teaching Assistant, Training Aide, or in a language parenthetic in any of the above titles.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Developmental Assistant 1 will perform and supervise staff in the performance of a wide variety of functions and tasks in a community-based setting in support of people with developmental disabilities. They are directly related to the active treatment and habilitation of individuals served. Incumbents serve as a member of the Program Planning Team, and as a first line supervisor of direct support. This position highly involves mentoring trainees in the performance of their duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a Developmental Assistant 1 within the treatment team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by January 21, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #190121A in all correspondence.