Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
276 Chiarino Drive
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be:
• Permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 1, OR;
• Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Habilitation Specialist 1 title, OR;
• Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Habilitation Specialist 1.
• Provisional appointment may be considered. To be eligible for provisional appointment Candidates must have a bachelor’s or higher level degree in a human services field* AND one year of direct care or clinical experience where your primary focus is providing services to people with developmental disabilities. Substitution: A master’s degree in a human services field* may be substituted for the degree and experience described above.*For the purpose of these examinations, a degree in a human services field includes the professional disciplines of audiology, community mental health, nursing, nutrition, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, rehabilitation counseling, social work, speech/language pathology, and therapeutic recreation (including concentrations in art, creative arts, dance, drama, music, or physical education.) Also included are related academic disciplines associated with the study of human behavior (e.g., gerontology, human services, sociology, speech communication); or human skills development (e.g., counseling, education, human development.) Examples of non-qualifying degrees include but are not limited to: criminal justice, political science, liberal arts, and business.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position will be responsible for ensuring that professional and direct support staff training/re-training requirements are met at Valley Ridge CIT. The person in this position will ensure training and associated documentation is complete in various areas, such as: BSP training, Enhanced Supervision expectation, and answering retraining related to investigation recommendations. Preference given to applicants willing to become PROMOTE/SCIP/CPR/First Aid instructors. Will assist with maintaining current training grids for the facility.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop program and plan activities for assigned groups.
• Maintain current training grid for staff who work at Valley Ridge.
• Provide and/or assist with required training and/or retraining to all shifts.
• Review ongoing performance data.
• Provide and/or assist staff in carrying out services and activities.
• Provides guidance and training to direct care staff in the implementation of goals and service plans; and may supervise direct care staff in implementing those plans.
• Other duties as assigned, details specific to assignment will be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by January 18, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #190118A in all correspondence.