Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current Civil Service eligible list;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Psychologist 1 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the following promotion or open competitive qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
? Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Psychology Assistant 3.
? Candidates must have a master of psychology degree from a regionally accredited college or university which prepares graduates for master’s level psychologist positions in clinical, forensic, or community mental health settings; AND the degree program must have included a clinical psychology practicum, externship or clinical fieldwork.* In addition to the above requirements, candidates must have one year of supervised post-master’s degree experience in a clinical, community mental health setting, or forensic setting providing primarily psychological services.**
? *A practicum, externship, or clinical fieldwork assignment is defined as a direct clinical training experience in providing psychological services in an appropriate inpatient or outpatient community mental health, developmental disabilities services, forensic or community setting; which is a component of a qualifying Master of Psychology degree program and would also be listed on the official transcript.
? Substitution for post-master's degree experience: Completion of a full-time one year pre-doctoral internship or traineeship in a clinical or community mental health or forensic setting may be substituted for one year of post master's degree experience.
**Experience in a clinical, community mental health, addiction treatment facility, or forensic setting is considered to be any direct care experience with individuals, families, or groups in a hospital, psychiatric hospital, psychiatric clinic, community mental health clinic, correctional facility, intermediate care facility, institutional or school setting, or community based residential and/or day program under the supervision of a doctoral level psychologist, licensed psychologist, licensed physician, or licensed psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, or licensed clinical social worker. Qualifying experience for Psychologist 1 & 2 must primarily include administering assessments and tests for diagnostic psychological evaluations or completing functional behavioral assessments; developing behavior support plans; or writing psychological treatment plans; providing psychological counseling and treatment in one or more of the following areas: mental and/or emotional disorders, cognitive disorders, behavioral disorders, mental retardation, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, addictions, substance abuse disorders, sex offender assessment and treatment, or forensic mental health.
In addition, experience in experimental psychology, research psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, health psychology, utilization review, guidance counseling, as a habilitation specialist, pastoral counseling, or experience as an instructor of psychology will NOT be considered as qualifying.
Non-qualifying master’s and doctoral degrees include, but are not limited to the following: degrees in education, counseling, clinical counseling, clinical hypnosis, community counseling, educational counseling, forensic counseling, guidance counseling, human relations, marriage and family counseling, professional counseling, rehabilitative counseling, school counseling, student and personal services, mental health counseling, psychological counseling, pastoral psychology, transpersonal psychology, neuroscience, experimental psychology, industrial or organizational psychology or health psychology.
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Looking for a clinician with experience in therapeutic group work. A successful candidate will need a high level of organizational skills.
Duties Description POSTION DESCRIPTION:
Duties will be consistent with those performed by Psychologist I in an IRA setting (to be conducted under the supervision of a licensed psychologist) and will require the attention of such a senior level clinician, given the degree of difficulty of the caseload involved.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Such duties include but are not limited to the following: functional assessments of behavior, risk and site assessments, lethality assessments, etc. Psychologist will be expected to summarize assessment results and, where appropriate, develop behavior support plans and train subordinate staff in their implementation. Behavioral tracking will also be expected for the purpose of treatment planning and advocacy at psychiatric visits. They may also provide counseling to individuals on an as-needed basis. Psychologists are also expected to present rights restrictions at behavior review committee with supporting documentation. It is expected that a flexible schedule be maintained, consistent with the individuals’ needs. Overall, the services described above are essential to the well-being of the Services are key to health and well-being of individuals. Assessment and treatment provided under article 16 would be billable. Other duties as assigned by the Chief Psychologist.
Additional Comments Please note:
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.