Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Promotion: Candidates must have one year of permanent or contingent/permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c New York State service as a Social Work Assistant 3; OR reachable for appointment from the Civil Service List; OR eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Open Competitive: Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work; OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and one year of post-Bachelors experience in social work; OR a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a human service area and two years of post-Bachelors experience in social work. Must be Fluent in Spanish.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The position is for the Enrollment Department. The SWA 3 will be responsible for:
• Issuing Notice of Decisions (NOD’s) for all new individuals receiving waiver services. Work closely with the Front Door Team receiving request and ensuring that all documents are in place for waiver enrollment.
• This position requires use of TABS and CHOICES to ensure that the individual seeking waiver services has the necessary eligibility and documents and approvals to move forward to the Notice of Decision and waiver enrollment.
• This position requires close work with the Revenue Support Field Office to ensure the Medicaid is active and of the correct codes, to move forward to Notice of Decision.
• Work closely with the Care Managers from the three CCOs that serve Metro-Bronx, to inform them that the NOD has been authorized, uploads documents into CHOICES.
• Issue Notice of Terminations for individuals who are no longer eligible for waiver services, or who have opted out of waiver. Follow protocol for ensuring the request for waiver termination is accurate and warranted.
• This position will also be responsible for SEMP/Pathway enrollment, ensuring the individual meets the requirements for the services before enrollment.
• Processing of DDP1 for waiver services add and removals.
• Must be Fluent in Spanish.
Additional Comments Please note:
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being
impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.