Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications for Non-Competitive Appointments:
Associate's degree in Engineering, Architectural Technology or Construction Technology; or two years of experience assisting in the management of the building construction phase for medium to large construction projects from the inception to completion in the areas of cost estimating, document coordination review, adherence to building codes, construction planning/scheduling contract document reading and interpretation, and construction inspection.
Duties Description • Assists in the construction supervision and inspection of small State construction projects and/or small sized portions (or temporary substitution for principle inspector) of large State construction projects to assure adherence to specifications, contracts and good work standards.
• Assists in the acceptance, verification, bid solicitation, contractor responsibility reviews and contract approval tracking.
• Assists in the review, approval, processing, and maintenance of construction records, progress schedules, and issuance of submittal schedules, orders on contract and contract payments.
• Assists in setting up field office files.
• Reviews and maintains field and electronic construction project records, and reports on the adherence to agency inspection construction schedules.
• Assists in preparing interim and final inspection reports.
• Assists in researching and responding to inquiries from contractors concerning construction and contract interpretations.
• Reviews and maintains time and material records, assists in procurement of construction office, safety and field supplies and processes construction contract correspondence.
• May perform additional inspection duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Additional Comments Must have valid driver’s license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Must be able to negotiate difficult terrain, work in remote areas and in adverse weather conditions. Travel and overnight travel may be required. Overtime may be required. Weekends and holidays may be required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.