Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PROMOTION: Candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service as a Habilitation Specialist 1 OR be currently employed by New York State as a Habilitation Specialist 2 with permanent or contingent permanent service and eligible for transfer; OR be reachable for appointment on the Civil Service list for this title.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent’s job duties will include, but not limited to the following:
• Assist the Program Director in the management of the program
• Meet with the Program Director weekly, to discuss program activities, incidents, staff performance, etc.
• Ensure that day habilitation services are provided in accordance with OPWDD regulations
• Meet weekly with the Developmental Assistant 2 (supervises the CSEA/Direct Support Assistant)
• Supervise the Habilitation Specialist 1/PEF to discuss service compliance, program activities, Habilitation Specialist/Direct Support Assistant work performance, staff trainings, etc.
• Responsible to make daily classroom rounds
• Daily monitoring of data entries, service compliance and inclusions
• Closely monitor treatment records to ensure compliance in Day Habilitation documentation
• Chair and oversee semi/annual ISP meetings
• Supervise and monitor work performance of all staff
• Ensure timely submission to Quality Management of incident related documents
• Manage petty cash funds assigned to the day program
Additional Comments Please note:
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.