Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five or more years of experience in gathering requirements, planning, and implementing Thin Client deployments, including at least three years of hands-on experience implementing Digital Persona identity management tools in a MS Active Directory environment, at least two years of experience designing and implementing automated user account management solutions for Windows Server environments, including Active Directory Provisioning, and at least three years of experience working in a state or federal secure systems environment.
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science or related field and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science or related field and two years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4, SG-25, in the Public Safety Portfolio Solutions Architecture unit, the Project Assistant will serve as a technical architect for designing and implementing improvements within the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS) Secure Offender Network (SON). The SON provides educational services to inmates on a network that is separated from production networks and is highly secure to ensure there are no communications between inmates or with any external sources. The educational services include access to the Law Library, vocational and academic educational opportunities, as well as systems and applications utilized to administer tests, such as Certiport and the Test of Adult Basic Education / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TABE/TASC) systems. Upgrades for all aspects of the SON environment will include networks, hardware, software, operating systems, and applications. Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Design and implement expansion of Thin Client deployment at DOCCS facilities
• Conceptualize and execute Certiport replatforming for both server and remote-in client PCs
• Conceptualize and execute standalone lab modernization
• Manage and approve site wiring propositions and bids
• Plan and implement Windows 10 deployment
• Identify resource requirements and establish timelines for deployments
• Request and evaluate vendor quotes for equipment and services, as needed, to accommodate growth of the SON
• Administer PerasonVue’s Access 21st Century, GED 21st Century, and ReadOn! Educational software suites
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Participate in technical planning sessions
• Plan and test updates to Premise application data and TABE/TASC
Additional Comments This position is pending DOB approval. Some positions may require additional credentials, fingerprinting, or a background check to verify your identity. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS Service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062