Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer: Current or previous one-year permanent service as a Secretary 1.
70.1 Qualifications: Those titles within two salary grades as approved by Civil Service.
Simultaneous to this posting the appropriate civil service list may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
You must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had 1 year of permanent service as a Keyboard Specialist 1, Keyboard Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 2, Keyboard Specialist 2 (Spanish Language), Law Department Document Specialist Trainee 1, Law Department Document Specialist Trainee 2, Law Department Document Specialist, Data Entry Machine Operator, Data Entry Machine Operator (Spanish Language), or Senior Data Entry Machine Operator.
After one year of the service described in the Minimum Qualifications, successful candidates will be qualified for appointment from the eligible list.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION/PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
• Provides administrative support to the Team Leader
• Provides clerical and administrative support to the team
• Develop letters and Adobe forms
• Compile/analyze data; agency surveys; distribute survey results
• Mailings, filing and copying
• Maintain service databases
• Schedule FSS meetings and take minutes
• Responsible for set up/tear down of FSS meetings and attendee reimbursements
• Compile information for team reports
• Manages travel arrangements for staff
• Schedules meetings, secure conference rooms for all team members
• Triages incoming phone calls/emails to the appropriate staff
• Office coverage as needed
• Cross coverage with other support staff, when needed
• Additional duties as assigned by Team Leader
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 1/22/2019 and include EOA # 19-1 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: email@example.com.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office, phone: (518) 473-9689, and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.