Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications NEW YORK STATE EMPLOYEE TRANSFER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Current New York State employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Administrative Specialist 1 (formerly Administrative Assistant) OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 11 or above AND eligible for transfer under Section 52.6, 70.1, or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.*
Individuals with current standing on the PATT eligible list will be canvassed and do not need to apply. This announcement is to notify individuals of a transfer opportunity only.
*Individuals with current standing on the Professional Career Opportunity (PCO) eligible list with the score of 100 or above are encouraged to apply.
*Individuals who are currently 55b/c eligible AND possess a bachelor’s degree may apply for this position. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter.
*Successful completion of the two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Specialist 1, SG-18.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Administrative Specialist 1 (formerly Administrative Assistant) is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
GENERAL PUBLIC AND/OR STATE EMPLOYEE MEETING THE QULAIFICATIONS OUTLINED BELOW:
Candidates who are currently 55b/c eligible AND possess a bachelor’s degree may apply for this position. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Individuals with current standing on the Professional Career Opportunity (PCO) eligible list with the score of a 100 or above are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of two year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Specialist 1, SG-18.
Duties Description Administer the Federal Surplus Property Program:
• Clarify, interpret, and enforce the NYS Plan of Operation, Public Law 94-519, and Federal Regulations 41 CFR 101-44 of the GSA.
• Govern the acquisition, distribution, and intermittent return of Federal Surplus Property for public purposes.
• Review and approve donee applications including, but not limited to, state and local governments as well as non-profit educational and health organizations.
• Ensure timely pickup and removal of donated items from donees at Defense Logistics Agencies and Federal Civilian locations.
• Responsible for compliance of tracking and reporting acquired federal property utilizing Web-Data (and/or another established inventory database) as well as the State Financial System.
• Proficiently utilize the established inventory database, Microsoft Office Suite and Access as well as other program specific web-applications.
• Work with software developer(s) to identify program issues, and track progress of system updates and resolutions.
• Revise and update the Federal Surplus websites.
• Represent the program through the attendance of trainings, meetings, and conferences, and ensure the unit remains current with all policies and regulations.
• Prepare and finalize procedures, manuals, and trainings including memos and updates to regulations and policies.
• Perform the full range and scope of supervisory responsibilities.
• Perform various duties as deemed necessary.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicle is required. Operation of a motor vehicle will be required.
• Overnight travel to conduct compliance visits and program marketing outreach is required.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including periods outside, year-round is required.
• This position includes handling sensitive personal information which may include donee participant date of birth, social security, and driver’s license numbers.
Note: An additional background check is required for the approval to gain entry/access to the Defense Logistics Agencies and Federal Civilian locations (i.e. Military Bases).
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.