Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be eligible to transfer via 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law by having at least one year of permanent service in a qualifying title within two salary grades of the Grade 23 level. If you are unsure whether your current title qualifies for transfer, you may contact OMHHRM@OMH.NY.GOV for a determination.
Candidates who possess the following are encouraged to apply:
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Strong technology skills in a Windows environment, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Experience using the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) as a Learner, Manager, and/or Administrator.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Associate Director Training 1, the Training Specialist 2 will assist in managing administrative workforce training and development programs and initiatives, and develop and maintain relationships with control agencies, OMH facilities, program leads, and educational institutions. The incumbent will provide advice, guidance, and technical assistance to Associate Directors of Training at OMH facilities statewide. This position will provide leadership for major OMH administrative workforce development programs/initiatives designed to train and develop the OMH workforce including but not limited to the following:
Supervision, coaching, and/or mentoring of assigned professional staff.
eLearning and Instructor-Led Training –
• Develop course curricula for new online training.
• Develop, coordinate, and present live technical training to OMH staff.
• Obtain quotes from and coordinate with vendors to provide training.
• Collaborate with OMH program areas to assess current and future training needs.
• Make recommendations for training consistent with agency mission and goals and based on knowledge of staff competencies, available training programs, and funding.
Technology Innovation/Utilization –
• Manage the rollout and support of a new elearning initiative, LinkedIn Learning, that will be made available to all OMH employees statewide.
• Research and implement, with management approval, technology-based and/or blended learning solutions to provide cost-effective ways to meet the workforce development needs of OMH staff in our fast-changing environment.
• Serve as an expert on eLearning, authoring tools, distance learning, copyright law, etc. Limited budgets, combined with a decreasing amount of release time available for staff to attend training, make it essential that OMH understand, acquire, implement, and maintain up-to-date training technologies to ensure we develop and maintain a qualified workforce to carry out the agency’s mission.
Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) –
• Create, edit, and maintain queries within SLMS for Central Office, facility, and OMH-wide reporting purposes.
• Incumbent will use SLMS to administer programs and certifications and provide reports on OMH staff development activity.
• Use SLMS to identify deficits in OMH training statewide.
Additional Comments You are advised that, should you accept a job with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.
BEWD is part of OMH’s Central Office, and has its office space conveniently located on the grounds of the Capital District Psychiatric Center, 75 New Scotland Avenue, Albany. Employees at this location enjoy parking at a nominal fee and easy access from the New York State Thruway and other arterials. It is within walking distance or a short drive of OMH’s Central Office at 44 Holland Avenue.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position, location, and vacancy id# in the subject line of your email when applying.