Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Candidate must possess twelve years of experience in the field of Information Technology, three years must have included acting in a management capacity. General experience must include: systems development and implementation, business process re-engineering, application development and data management, and planning and directing major technology projects.
An Associate’s degree may substitute for two years’ experience for the general experience portion; a Bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years’ experience for the general experience portion; and a Master’s degree may substitute for five years’ experience for the general experience portion.
• Fifteen years of experience in the field of Information Technology, including ten years acting in a management capacity.
• Experience directing the systems development and implementation of a major complex technology project.
• Six or more months experience managing an IES program.
• Experience directing a project team within a State or City Health and Human Services entity.
• Eight years of project management experience for major multi-agency business transformation and/or information technology development projects.
Duties Description The mission of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES) is to enhance the well-being of New Yorkers by transforming health and human service delivery through coordinated business practices, modernized technology, and strategic partnerships. IES will provide eligibility, enrollment, case management, and payment functionality for Health and Human Service programs currently served by the Welfare Management System, Benefits Issuance Control System and other State systems. IES will build on the successful opening of the New York State of Health (NYSoH) by leveraging assets created for the health benefit exchange to modernize the eligibility system for health and human service programs.
The position will report directly to the Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services and manage the development and implementation of the project plans, timelines, governance, policy recommendations, and staffing for effective delivery of the IES Program. This will replace over 30 independent IT systems, most of which have been in existence for 25+ years and require extensive business transformation at state agencies and in the 58 Social Service Districts. The technologies used by the legacy systems are becoming obsolete and very expensive to maintain. The IES Program will implement the necessary components to support streamlined business processes and integrated service delivery across the State Health and Human Services programs.
Duties include, but will not be limited to:
• Provide direction and overall management of the IES Program;
• Serve as an initial point of escalation for any issues that may arise;
• Oversee the delivery of work across the Functional, Project Administration, Governance and Technical Teams to ensure deliverables are completed on schedule, within budget and scope based on the approved project work plan;
• Monitor adherence to the program's schedule including approval of changes; oversee project scope, resources, and quality management; perform all required program management activities including stakeholder management and engagement, coordination of multiple projects within the program;
• Responsible for procurement strategy and oversight of execution and monitor project budget including review of monthly project estimates versus actual costs;
• Oversee all vendors on the IES Program and manage administrative team on all contractual approvals and decision making;
• Oversee and monitor the Program’s alignment with the key performance indicators defined in the IES business case through a benefits management plan;
• Provide executive-level project communications;
• Provide project status reports to the Project Sponsor, project's governance bodies, and any required federal reporting;
• Serve as a member of the Executive Steering Committee, make recommendations on policy decisions required by Executive Steering Committee entities, and participate in decision making on the direction of the IES Program
• Oversee Organizational Change Management planning and execution;
• Develop a staffing plan for implementation and ongoing operations; performing supervisory duties, as required.
Additional Comments Approval to fill this position is pending with Division of the Budget (DOB). Background check and fingerprinting are required.
Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.