Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Onondaga County , caseload coverage
Minimum Qualifications Promotion: One year of permanent service as Physical Therapist. Open Competitive: License to practice physical therapy and two years of post-licensing physical therapy experience. A Master’s Degree in physical therapy may be substituted for one year of the experience.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Senior Physical Therapist, you would provide comprehensive Physical Therapy services to individuals with Developmental Disabilities on assigned caseload, ensuring they receive P.T. related care and equipment, and are safe in their program and home environments. The position is primarily consultative in nature.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs Physical Therapy-related assessments
• Development of PT-related plans for individuals to be carried out by trained staff
• Training of agency staff in implementation of PT-related plans, routines, etc.
• Provision of direct PT services as needed based on an Evidence-Based Practice approach
• Facilitation of Community-Based PT services for individuals
• Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and Environmental Modification (E-Mod) assessment, justification, and acquisition
• Plans, carries out, and supervises physical therapy as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team or as a clinical supervisor
Additional Comments Posted hiring salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T SG 18 ($56,604) and Geographical Differential ($4,500). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($71,980) for the PS&T SG 18.
• Ability to function as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team relating to professional, para-professional and direct care staff.
• Ability to communicate in a thorough, concise, accurate and professional manner both verbally and in writing.
• Training/public speaking experience.
• Possess an acceptable time and attendance record as specified in the time and attendance policy.
• Possess an acceptable work record (E-File)Important note: the candidate selected to this position is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss any previously approved time off with their new supervisor. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time. Contact Joseph Scalise, Chief Physical Therapist, at (315) 339-6536 Ext. 3319 for questions regarding the position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
187 Northern Concourse
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 1/28/2019 and include EOA # 19-2 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 187 Northern Concourse, N. Syracuse, NY 13212 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office, phone: (518) 473-9689, and Email: email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.