Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
42 Rykowski Lane
Minimum Qualifications • Must be a current state employee and permanent in the title of Secretary 1.
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Secretary 1.
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service to the title of Secretary 1.
• Eligible for provisional appointment*
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-Title and/or Civil Service List candidates. To qualify for
provisional appointment, you must have one year of permanent service in a clerical or keyboarding title: Keyboard Specialist 1,
Keyboard Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 2, Keyboard Specialist 2 (Spanish Language), Law Department
Document Specialist Trainee 1, Law Department Document Specialist Trainee 2, Law Department Document Specialist, Data Entry
Machine Operator, Data Entry Machine Operator (Spanish Language), or Senior Data Entry Machine Operator.
Duties Description • Develop tracking sheets and brochures utilizing various computer programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Project. Computer skills are a priority for this position.
• Use CHOICES and TABS to access information about individuals.
• Answer Front Door Info Line and distribute information to appropriate team members.
• Ability to relate to OPWDD Central Office Personnel, local government officials, families, Voluntary Providers and individuals in a helpful and professional manner.
• Review incoming correspondence and distribute to appropriate team members.
• Type outgoing correspondence/reports for the team members.
• Research background information on issues being presented to the Team Leader.
• Follow-up on assignments to team members, as requested by the Team Leader.
• Evaluate telephone call inquires for follow-up and level of urgency.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings for the team.
• Maintain existing office procedures and establish new procedures when necessary.
• Maintain office filing systems (including electronic filing systems).
• Coordinate the flow of information among the team members and other units.
• Operate and maintain various equipment, including computers, fax, copier, telephones, etc.
• Order office supplies/storehouse requests.
• Maintain team members’ electronic calendars including time off and meetings.
• Function as TIMES checker for team.
• Coordinate Front Door Information Sessions including registration of attendees, maintain handout supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by January 23, 2019, to:
DDRO 3 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• Relevant factors in the selection process will include the ability of the candidate to perform the required duties and responsibilities of the position. This would include expertise in, knowledge of, and ability to use programs such as Access, Excel, Word and Microsoft Project.
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
• Preference will be given to individuals with experience in the above-mentioned areas.
• At the time of offer, you must be ready to accept or decline the position.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.