Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road - Building #1
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an employee of the Procurement Group, staff in this position may have the following duties and responsibilities:
Job Description – Office Assistant 2 (Calculations) – SG 9
1. Ensure proper purchasing method is used by following the NYS procurement hierarchy,
2. Create purchase requests and/or purchase orders in SFS,
3. Obtain appropriate number of quotes given the type procurement and dollar amount,
4. Obtain necessary documentation to include insurance(s), 139J, K attestation etc. in accordance with NYS rules, regulations and guidelines,
5. Liaise with vendors and CBA “customers” to ensure the requested commodity / service is procured,
6. Utilize NYS Procurement card for purchases, when appropriate,
7. Reconcile procurement card receipts/log/statement and forward to A/P for processing,
8. Prepare contract STS for submittal to OSC,
9. Filing/copying/general clerical duties
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by August 1, 2018 at 4:00pm, to:
Human Resources Office
Capital District DDSO – OD Heck Campus
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, NY 12304
Please reference the above EOA #18-229 in all correspondence.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER