Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Minority Business Specialist or Contract Management Specialist position will assist in ensuring all OPWDD State and Local Assistance procurements are in compliance with Article 15A and Article 17B. Responsibilities include:
• Liaison to other Contract Management Specialists statewide working with 15A and 17B assistance
• Assist the MWBE/SDVOB Director with mandated reporting to authorities
• Assist contract vendors with Article 15A and 17B compliance
• Attend statewide MWBE and SDVOB outreach programs
Additional Comments • If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304