Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
119 Kemper Lane
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be in title OR on the Civil Service eligible list OR be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 in a designated title determined by the NYS Department of Civil Service. Provisional appointment pending exam may be considered. To be eligible for provisional appointment candidates must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a position at a Grade 16 or above.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist design and develop services and community residential opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. In this position they will assist in identifying appropriate placement of individuals eligible for services within the Family Care program. They will assist in determining the needs and promoting choice for individuals. They will identify the services and settings best suited to meet these needs and choices. They can assist with budget preparation, site development, and identification of funding sources. Position requires general supervisory responsibility. This position is directly responsible for the Family Care services offered in Chenango County. The person in this position reports to the Chenango Co. Treatment Team Leader.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a DDPS1
• Assist with Chenango Co. oversight, to include Incident Management and Family Care oversight.
• Supervise and mentor Family Care Home Liaison and other staff as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by February 12, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #190118A in all correspondence.