Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
305 Main Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be in title OR on the Civil Service eligible list OR be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 in a designated title determined by the NYS Department of Civil Service. Provisional appointment pending exam may be considered. For provisional appointment candidates must be:
• Either A. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) AND have one year of post NYS licensure professional social work experience;**
• Or B. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
• Registration and licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor is not considered qualifying for these examinations.
** Professional social work experience involves activities such as screening, assessing and diagnosing individuals' and families' psychosocial needs, strengths and limitations; participating in the development of treatment plans and discharge plans; counseling and educating individuals, groups and families to promote mental, emotional, physical and social functioning; helping access needed services; providing client/patient advocacy and crisis intervention; and developing, coordinating and evaluating services and support systems. Experience limited to social work research or social work administration is NOT considered qualifying.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Serve as a Licensed Master Social Worker 2 within the Broome Article 16 clinic. The person in this position is required to handle complex issues and to exercise a high level of independent professional judgment throughout the course of activities. As assigned they will conduct psychotherapy, offer referrals, and perform the full range of social work activities as authorized under the scope of practice of a licensed master social worker and if applicable Licensed Clinical Social Worker (as authorized by New York State Education Law Article 154). May also be required to supervise and train subordinate staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform a full range of social work activities as authorized under the scope of practice of a licensed master social worker to include:
• Assess individual and family needs, strengths, and limitations
• Conduct psychosocial assessments
• Record significant psychosocial events and/or changes in clinical condition
• Determine need for linkage and referral services
• Educate individual/family members about resources and how to access them
• Prepare reports and documentation as required including progress notes
• Under the clinical supervision of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Psychologist, or Psychiatrist, or independently if appropriately licensed provide individual psychotherapy to enhance social, emotional and behavioral functioning.
• Conduct clinical assessments to determine appropriate therapeutic interventions, services, and supports.
• Provide clinical consultation and assistance to members of the professional staff or members of the individuals treatment team
• Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by February 12, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 190212C in all correspondence.