Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be in title, eligible for transfer, or reachable on the Civil Service list for this title. Provisional appointment may be considered. Provisional appointees must take the Civil Service exam. There are two ways to qualify for provisional appointment. State employees must have one year as a Rehabilitation Counselor 1 AND a bachelor’s degree in a human service field* or NYS licensure as a Registered Nurse.
Candidates not State employees must:
Either 1: a bachelor’s degree in a human service field* AND three years post-bachelor’s qualifying experience;**
Or 2: a master’s degree in a human service field* AND two years of post-bachelor’s qualifying experience;**
0r 3: a master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling AND one year of post-bachelor’s qualifying experience.**
* For the purpose of these examinations, human service field includes disciplines related to the following: addiction studies; child and family studies; communication disorders; community health; education; gerontology; health administration; human services; nursing; nutrition; occupational therapy; physical therapy; psychology; recreation therapy, including art, dance, drama, and music; rehabilitation counseling; social work; and sociology.
** Qualifying Experience: To qualify for the examination you must have professional experience providing vocational, psychosocial, or rehabilitative/habilitative services in an agency primarily serving individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities, mental illness, or addictions. Internship experience does not count if it was credited toward the qualifying degree.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
T This Rehabilitation Counselor 2 will provide oversight of the Broome DDSOO Staffing Department. They will report directly to the Deputy Director for Broome DDSOO. They provide supervisory oversight to the Staffing Coordinators, and oversee management of the Multi-site DSA Program and Float DA2 Mentors. Working with the treatment teams they evaluate the rehabilitation, habilitation, and support needs of assigned individuals on an ongoing basis. This evaluation ensures appropriate staff can provide services which meet the needs of the individuals, and that desired outcomes or program objectives can be reached. They provide management of employee resources across the DDSOO. They assist teams in the process of addressing clinical, professional, administrative, direct care, and clerical supports required and completing tasks related to filling those positions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide supervisory oversight as assigned.
• Assist in developing and training of OT Evaluation process and other required forms/evaluations.
• Provide oversight of staffing throughout the DDSOO and serve in an advisory capacity to management.
• Review schedules and ensure optimal resource usage.
• Facilitate improvements to schedules by collaborating with interested parties (employees, managers, union representatives). This task necessitates on site observations and meetings with involved parties.
• Review and provide feedback to managers on balancing schedules to meet operational needs.
• Track vacancies, hires and transfers to fill vacancies. Assist with the posting and bidding process and monitor trends that may need to be brought to the attention of Deputy Director/leadership for review.
• Oversee and monitor hourly staffing resources. Recognize and make recommendations regarding trends.
• Provide training in proper scheduling practices as well as provide support to teams as needed or requested. Maintain and distribute scheduling related forms, posting and bidding info etc.
• Provide specific and detailed reports related to staff utilization as requested.
• Participate in committees and workgroups as assigned.
• Oversee temporary assignments of multisite DSAs and float DA2s to provide relief where needed and avoid extreme work schedules.
• Provide training related to Overtime, Extra-time, Temp Hourly Employees, OT/ET Evaluation Checklists.
• Collaborate with Human Resources Department and Operations regarding staffing, allocations, minimums, distribution of staff, release of staff, operational systems and procedural issues.
• Identify allocation needs and timelines for hiring and staffing new locations.
• Participate in special projects and assignments as directed by administration, including team level investigations and short and long-term reports.
• Participate in committees and work groups as assigned.
• Complete other duties as assigned
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by February 12, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 190212D in all correspondence.