Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
213 Tracy Creek Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be currently in title, eligible for 70.1 transfer, reachable on current Civil Service Eligible List for Social Work Assistant 3. Provisional appointment will be considered if there are no other qualified candidates. To be eligible for provisional appointment candidates must have either:
1. a Master’s degree in social work; OR
2. a Bachelor’s degree in social work AND one year of post-Bachelor’s experience social work; OR
3. a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a human services area AND two years of post-Bachelor’s experience in social work.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The primary responsibility of the person in this position will be to assume the role of a Family Care Home Liaison. Responsibilities include ensuring that all program and any environmental requirements related to the Family Care home are being met and maintained. This staff person also ensures that fiscal and other provider needs and concerns are addressed and are met consistent with the needs of the individual(s) in the home. They will serve as a direct link between the Family Care Provider and Broome DDSOO, reporting to the Broome Co. treatment team. They will manage a complex caseload, ensuring individuals’ needs are met.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Family Care Program including but not limited to regulatory requirements (part 635), protection of individuals receiving services (part 633), reportable incidents (part 624), Mental Hygiene Law Access to Clinical Records (Article 33§16), and the Home and Community Based Services waiver.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the Family Care Policy Manual, and understand the role and responsibilities of the treatment team, including the Home Liaison, TTL, Community Mental Health Nurse, and all other parties involved with the family care home.
• Possess good interpersonal skills, good oral and written communication skills, and good listening skills.
• Must maintain confidentiality, and be capable of dealing with diverse personalities.
• Must conduct monthly home visits, ensuring the safety of the individuals, and that they are accepted, that their rights are not being violated and that Form 239 is completed.
• Must be able to evaluate the Family Care Provider’s skills and ability and report issues/concerns as necessary.
• Must be able to communicate to the Family Care Coordinator on any issues within the Family Care Home that may compromise the operation of the home.
• Develops plans with the Family Care provider and the individual consistent with the Life Plan. Reviews plan on a monthly basis or more frequently, verifying services were rendered.
• Participates in the Life Plan process.
• Assists in development and review of the fire/emergency evacuation plan on no less than a quarterly basis. Ensures fire drills are conducted and observes as required.
• Ensures a Personal Expenditure Plan is in place and used.
• Advocates for the health, safety, and emotional well-being of individuals in Family Care Homes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by February 12, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 190212E in all correspondence.