Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications Nurse 1: Candidate must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the examination for such license. You must obtain your NYS license within one year of the date of appointment or action will be taken to remove you from the position.
Nurse 2: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN licensure clinical nursing experience.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Nurse 2’s provide professional nursing services to individuals with developmental disabilities. Services may include, but are not limited to, nursing interventions and their documentation, case finding, health teaching/counseling and provision of supportive and/or restorative care. They also participate in staff training, prepare clinical and administrative reports, maintain infection control standards, and function as a member of a treatment team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform Nurse 1 or 2 duties and act as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the Increased Hiring Salary, Downstate Adjustment and Geographic Pay Differential.
$63,098 - $71,557 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722) Increased Hiring Salary ($5,376), and Geographic Differential ($7,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($64,557) for the PS&T Grade 14 or 16.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by February 12, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 190212G in all correspondence.