Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
2400 Halsey Street, Bronx, NY 10461 AND 25 Beaver Street, New York, NY 10004
Minimum Qualifications (1) Must currently be a permanent Nurse 2, SG-16 OR
(2) Must be licensed and registered to practice nursing in New York State and have one year of full time post licensure clinical nursing experience.
Duties Description • Provide AMAP Training for all Metro staff and for Region 5/6 as
• Provide AMAP recertification courses as needed
• Ensure all OMR 811s are current
• Attain certification as a CPR Instructor in a nationally
• Participate as member of the Traineeship Council
• Oversee progression of DSATs by reviewing evaluation reports
• NEO instructor
• Attain certification as a PROMOTE instructor
• Ensure adherence to the Code of Conduct/Competencies
• Oversee SLMS data entry to ensure compliance
• Conduct supervisory training
• Assist staff in completion of mandatory online trainings as
• Assist in the delivery of PRAISE training
• Informs employees of available educational and training
• Maintains records/rosters of all training activities
Additional Comments Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the Increased Hiring Salary, Downstate Adjustment and Geographic Pay Differential.
$70,982-$80,454 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722) Increase Hiring Salary ($4,363), Downstate Adjustment ($3,026) and Geographic Differential ($12,871). Downstate Adjustment and Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($64,557) for the PS&T Grade 16.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to
receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan
Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the
remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying
monthly payments have been made under a qualifying
repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying
employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must
be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be
able to perform the essential functions of their positions with
or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee
believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation,
they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent
Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at
firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information
and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined
by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in
any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her
current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until
such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of
employment with compensation. If such information has been
requested from you before such time, please contact the
Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or
via email at email@example.com.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by
closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate
this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain
employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or
entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and
Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal
or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and
subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any
of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally
assisted program), you may be terminated from your
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office