Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must currently be in title, eligible for 70.1 transfer, eligible for 52.6 transfer, or reachable on the Payroll Examiner 1 Eligible List. Provisional appointment may be considered. To be eligible for provisional appointment candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as either a Payroll Assistant or Payroll Assistant Trainee, or in a clerical, keyboarding, or paraprofessional* title allocated to Grade 9 or higher.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) provides high-quality, person centered services, supports and advocacy to approximately 120,000+ individuals with developmental disabilities in New York State. We are guided in our interactions with the people we serve and each other by compassion, dignity, diversity, excellence and honesty.
The Payroll Examiner 1 will be engaged in the completion of complex payroll activities and ongoing assessment of services provided to OPWDD employees. The incumbent will assist in the day to day operation of the Payroll Department and in the provision of regulatory and policy guidance to leadership administrators and staff.
Under the supervision of the Payroll Examiner 3, the Payroll Examiner 1 will be responsible for:
• Assist in the coordination and oversight of agency payroll operations for Broome DDSOO and Central NY DDSOO.
• Will direct the work and oversee employees performing payroll related functions.
• Develop, implement, and monitor internal control procedures to ensure the timely submission of accurate payroll deductions.
• Calculate and/or verify salary calculations and related factors for agency employees.
• Provide customer service to agency employees and department managers on payroll and/or personnel related issues.
• May be assigned to special projects or duties as needed.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by February 13, 2019 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 190213A in all correspondence.