Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Licensed Master Social Worker 2
2. Permanent service as a Licensed Master Social Worker 2
3. Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Licensed Master Social Worker 2 title.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The candidate for this position will function as an integral member of the Region 1 Regional Office team. This position will be a cross section of a variety of duties and responsibilities within the Regional Office. The candidate will be required to work flexible hours when needed to accommodate the needs of individuals and families.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will assume responsibilities that will include, but not limited to, promotion of the OPWDD Transformation Agenda and Goals; specifically, promotion of increasing individualized services and support opportunities through management, oversight and growth of Family Support Services (FSS) affording individuals with developmental disabilities the services and supports to remain in their family home.
Duties will include:
Management of the Family Support Services (FSS) program, through oversight, review, and coordination of approximately 70 programs provided by FSS Provider agencies to ensure quality service delivery and improvement of programmatic or systemic issue.
Tracking of contract utilization through analysis of quarterly and annual reports.
Management of annual program reviews for each of the approximately 70 FSS programs to examine and determine status of each contract for the coming year.
Scheduling and conducting all FSS on-site visits each year, including documenting and monitoring outcomes.
Management of FSS Request for Proposal (RFP) process that utilizes unallocated funds to continually meet emerging priority needs.
Maintain all DDP1 enrollments including trouble shooting and training for FSS provider agencies.
Instrumental partnership with three FSS Advisory Councils through facilitation of council meetings, developing agenda and content for meetings, community networking, scheduling of presenters, and providing OPWDD and Regional Office updates.
Partner with FSS Coordinators within Finger Lakes area of Region 1 and statewide to ensure consistent process for all stakeholders.
Assessments of individuals for multiple purposes including eligibility for OPWDD services or access to Intensive Behavioral Services (IBS).
Supervision of other members of the Regional Office may be included in this position.
Other duties may be included in this position to support Regional Office evolving needs.
Additional Comments Please note:
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.