Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
266 Bryant Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Currently in title; or
• Eligible for 70.1 transfer from a title deemed comparable by the Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 salary grades).
Non-competitive: successful completion of a NYS two-year Trades Specialist (Carpenter) Traineeship or NYS two-year carpenter training program; OR successful completion of any equivalent carpenter two-year training or apprenticeship program* OR four (4) years of full-time experience in carpentry under a skilled journey level carpenter which would provide training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprenticeship training in carpentry or training gained by completion of technical courses in carpentry at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
* Successful completion of the traineeship and the training program includes a total of 288 hours of trade-specific classroom instruction, 45 hours of technical math course work, 45 hours of technical communications course work, and 15 hours of blueprint/schematic reading course work. Course work must be completed with an average of ?C? or better. Additionally, successful completion of the traineeship also includes 4,000 hours of on-the-job training.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Installs and repairs ceiling and floor tiles.
• Performs general millwork, may build cabinets, furniture and other wooden items.
• Maintain shop equipment and portable tools used in the trade.
• Ability to lay out framing and construct components of building utilizing plans and drawings.
• Construct Inspections of facilities to determine needs, recommend priorities, and method of repair.
• Prepare sketches and material listings needed for completion of assigned tasks.
• May supervise and instruct others in the construction and repair of structures.
• May be required to work with a variety of materials in addition to wood.
• Install and maintain doors, windows and associated hardware.
• Candidate will be trained in the operation and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials.
• Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
• Knowledge of applicable residential building codes.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by February 13, 2019 to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # 2019-058 in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.