Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Currently in-title; or
• Eligible for 70.1 transfer from a title deemed comparable by the Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 salary grades).
Non-competitive: successful completion of a NYS two-year Trades Specialist (Mason & Plasterer) Traineeship or NYS two-year masonry training program; OR successful completion of any equivalent masonry two-year training or apprenticeship program* OR four (4) years of full-time experience in masonry under a skilled journey-level mason which would provide training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprenticeship training in masonry or training gained by completion of technical courses in masonry at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
* Successful completion of the traineeship and the training program includes a total of 288 hours of trade-specific class room instruction, 45 hours of technical math course work, 45 hours of technical communications course work, and 15 hours of blueprint/schematic reading course work. Course work must be completed with an average of ?C? or better. Additionally, successful completion of the traineeship also includes 4,000 hours of on-the-job training.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs Journeyman-level Mason and Plasterer duties.
• Lay out of work following design and specification documents.
• Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the mason trade.
• Lay out concrete flat work including but not limited to sidewalks, patios, and floors.
• Installs building footers and footers for deck supports using concrete and concrete block.
• Ability to properly mix and apply mortars.
• Removes, applies and repair ceramic tile and other similar solid materials to floors, walls and ceilings. Including preparation of base, spreading adhesive, cutting and applying material and final grouting and sealing.
• Pours concrete and supervise others to desired thickness and finish surface to desired smoothness.
• May prepare floors with concrete bases and assuring elevation are proper.
• Applies plaster and other troweled materials to walls, ceilings and floors and finish to smooth condition.
• Ability to estimate quantity of materials needed to perform work.
• Ability to select and use proper tools in performing the trade.
• Provides material estimates in order to perform task.
• Will be required to train and supervise others.
• Will be required to read and interpret plans, codes, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
• Candidate will be trained in the operation and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials.
• Be able to work off ladders and scaffolds in performing their job.
• Supervise and provide guidance to others in performing the Mason and Plasterer trade.
• Must be able to work independently as well as with others in the assigned team.
• Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
• Basic computer skills preferred
• Valid NYS driver’s License
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by February 13, 2019 to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # 2019-062 in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.