Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be currently permanent in the title of Payroll Assistant;
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Payroll Assistant;
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service to the title of Payroll Assistant.
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-Title and/or Civil Service List Candidates.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process clerical transactions for various programs governed by multiple procedures, rules and regulations; making decisions and problem solving.
• Maintain manual and automated records.
• Gather, compile and prepare data and supporting documentation as needed.
• Responds to inquiries.
• Review forms for content, completion and accuracy.
• Review payroll documents processed or data entered by staff to ensure that documents were completed and that transactions and information were entered correctly.
• Responsible for creating/producing all agency reports, including bi-weekly agency reports, using the PayServ Query system as well as the Civil Service report system.
• Other duties to be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by February 13, 2019, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.