Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
9 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be a current state employee and permanent in the title of Secretary 2.
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Secretary 2.
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service to the title of Secretary 2.
• You must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had three months permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as follows:
Secretary 1, Secretary 1 (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 2, Keyboard Specialist 2 (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 3, Examination Composition Assistant, Law Department Document Specialist, or Senior Data Entry Machine Operator.
NOTE: Provisional Appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-Title and/or Civil Service List Candidates.
Duties Description Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for handling phone calls, providing phone coverage and responding to stakeholder concerns
• Responsible for coordinating mail and other correspondences on behalf of the Deputy Commissioner of Service Delivery, Regional Offices
• Manage outlook calendar for Deputy Commissioner including scheduling meetings and planning meetings and other events as needed
• Prepare documentation utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets and organizational charts.
• Manage and maintain filing systems, both electronic and hard copy
• Communicate and work collaboratively with the other OPWDD divisions and the Regional Offices across the State.
• Assist in the management of the Regional Offices e-mail correspondence.
• Prepare travel in Statewide Financial System
• Assist Deputy Commissioner in ensuring timely follow up on various Regional Office issues
• Prepare or assist in creating reports for division, as needed.
• Miscellaneous administrative and clerical assignments as necessary.
**Work Hours TBD
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by February 19, 2019 to:
DDSO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA #2019-67 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.