Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
2400 Halsey Street
Minimum Qualifications (1) Candidate must be reachable on the Civil Service List for this title OR
(2) Have one year of permanent competitive or 55(b) / 55(c) service in a title allocated to Grade 27 or above
eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 or Section 52.6 of the New York State Civil Service Law OR
(3) Currently serving as a Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 4 eligible for transfer.
FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT: You must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office For People with Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as follows: as a Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 2, Treatment Team Leader (DD), Mental
Hygiene Nursing Program Coordinator, or Community Development Specialist 2.
Duties Description The incumbent will be a member of the DDRO Region 4 Leadership team and provide oversight, training and supervision for the day-to-day responsibilities of the Regional Office staff in the Bronx. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the supervision of approximately 28 Regional Office staff in the following activities: all new OPWDD initiatives; the Front Door process and People First Waiver, the eligibility process, family support services, Care Coordination Organizations, Waiver services, etc. The DDPS 4 will also be expected to work as a liaison to the voluntary provider agencies, attend monthly DD Council meetings, collaboration with local government agencies, school and community groups. Some travel may be needed for this position and travel to Albany on occasion as well as Administrator on Call responsibilities.
Additional Comments • If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office