Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
521 Boices Lane
Minimum Qualifications **Permanent OR Contingent Permanent OR Temporary Appointment
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for this title; OR candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Licensed Psychologist and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. In addition, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in
New York State.
For Temporary Appointment:
• Promotional opportunity candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State AND have had one year of permanent competitive service as an Associate Psychologist or Psychologist 2.
• Open-Competitive opportunity candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State.
Licensed Psychologist is a continuous recruitment examination. Candidates who are not currently on the eligible list may apply for this position and if appointed, will receive a temporary appointment. To apply for this examination, candidates must submit a completed NYS-APP form with their resume and cover letter. A NYS-APP form can be obtained by emailing NYS Department of Civil Service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Candidates appointed temporary must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who are found not qualified or who do not receive a reachable score may not be retained.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Licensed Psychologist, you would provide professional psychological services to a caseload of 56 individuals in 7 IRA’s in Greene and Ulster Counties. In addition to assessments and treatment, your duties may include but are not limited to:
• Develop, implement and monitor behavior support plans and functional behavioral assessments
• Participate as a member of the Psychology Department, which includes monthly meetings
• Clinical leadership and supervision of Master’s Level Psychologist
• Forensic or court ordered assessment, treatment or expert testimony
• Complete capacity and psychological evaluations as needed
• Develop and present individuals’ cases to various review committees (BMRC, ICC) for approval
• Consultation to other agencies
• Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team and attend monthly meetings for individual service plans, case reviews and residential habilitation.
• Provide on-site training and guidance to direct care staff and assist in crisis intervention
• Complete psychological evaluation as required
• Design and application of appropriate specialized psychological interventions
• Participation in policy development workgroups
• Special assignments as directed
• Additional duties will be discussed in detail during the interview.
Participation in the Administrator on Call (AOC) system is required. Occasional evening/weekend hours to attend meetings may be required.
Additional Comments Travel within the five-county catchment area will be required in the performance of the duties of the position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.