Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any current Developmental Assistant 1
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: One year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Developmental Aide, Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1, Forensic Program Aide, Licensed Practical Nurse, Mental Health Therapy Aide, Residential Program Aide, Secure Care Treatment Aide 1, Teaching Assistant, Training Aide; or in a traineeship in any of the above titles; or in a corresponding language parenthetic of any of the above titles.
Note: Appointment to Developmental Assistant 1 is contingent upon completion of a variable length traineeship.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must become a trainer for CPR/First Aid or SCIP/Promote
• Work closely with DA II and DA III
• Supervise DSA’s; Head of Shift duties
• Some scheduling of regular shifts, medical appointments as well as for unforeseen events-call-ins, hospital coverage
• Implement and follow residential habilitation, protective oversight and behavior plans
• Participate, plan, and oversee community inclusion opportunities
• Manage personal funds and ensure compliance with all related agency Policies and Procedures. (CITRIX database)
• Interact with families; provide guidance/assistance as needed to families regarding their loved ones
• Oversee fire plans, drills and evacuation procedures
• Have knowledge of and apply agency policies and procedures regarding personnel and regulatory compliance matters
• Communicate regularly with supervisor, IRA staff and clinicians on issues and daily IRA operations
• Act as a role model for staff and actively participate in direct service delivery for primarily total care individuals
• Attend and participate in ISP and other planning meetings
• As indicated, plan and attend house staff meetings
• Maintain a working relationship with Day Habilitation providers
• Prepare for and participate in surveys. Implement subsequent plans of corrective action
• Complete required paperwork timely including incident reports, employee evaluations, and monthly fire safety rounds.
• Significant personal care services to be provided
• Interested applicants refer to the Classification Standards for the title which is available in the Office of Human Resources Management
• Other Duties as Assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by February 21, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-24 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.