Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any current Secretary 2. Or
Any current employee eligible for 70.1 transfer in a position requiring keyboarding skills.
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Minimum Qualifications: Qualified employee of New York State and have had twelve months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as an Examination Composi-tion Assistant, Keyboard Specialist 2, Keyboard Specialist 2 (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 3, Law Department Document Specialist, Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding, Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding (Spanish Language), Secretary 1, Secretary 1 (Spanish Language), or Senior Data Entry Machine Operator.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Director’s Office the incumbent will:
• Report directly to the Bridge Deputy Director for State Operations Reg 3.
• Responsible for organizing and coordinating the administrative activities in the office, review incoming/outgoing mail and draft responses.
• Maintains calendar, schedules appointments and meetings. Assists with travel arrangements.
• Responds to all phone inquiries and visitors.
• Maintains office-filing systems.
• Take and transcribe minutes at various meetings for the Director and Deputy Director.
• Prepare letters, reports, data bases, chart, etc. and other documents (research background information).
• Other duties as needed
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by February 13, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-15 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.