7 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must currently be a permanent Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1;
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1;
3. Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1 by the Department of Civil Service (Must also be within 2 salary grades of the targeted title).
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-Title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
Please submit a current resume with your application detailing your education & experience that reflects your familiarity with the above-referenced duties & responsibilities.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 2, SG-25, the Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist I (DDPS 1), SG-21, will be performing the following duties:
• Oversees Family Support Services (FSS) contracts, ISS housing Contracts and Assistive Support Prices.
• Eventually assist with the Self Direction review and approvals of initial, cost neutral amendments and amended budgets.
• Maintain contact with multiple ISS housing agencies for guidance and assistance.
• Review and update documentation submitted at least once annually from all ISS agencies.
• Perform revisions throughout the year to reflect changes to individual budgets that impact the agency’s overall contract or Price.
• Direct liaison for the Family Support Services agencies to reach out with questions regarding their budgets, consolidated fiscal reports, and quarterly fiscal reports.
• Ensures all the contract renewals are sent annually.
• Assist all the FSS agencies with completing the Grants Gateway process for grants that have exhausted the five-year time frame.
• Track progress of the Grants Gateway process and reach out to agencies as needed when progress was not occurring.
• Oversee the management of Environmental and Vehicle Modifications (EMOD and VMOD) via regular contact with an agency that implements the process. Environmental modifications are necessary to ensure individuals home meet the person’s needs.
• Assigns individual projects for an agency to work on and conduct regularly scheduled phone calls to ensure the projects are moving forward and to discuss case by case issues as they come up.
• Forward contracts for completed projects to Central office for processing.
• Special projects as needed.
• Other duties as needed/assigned.
Details of the duties will be discussed at the interview.
Travel may be required
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by March 5, 2019, to:
DDROO 3 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed. Knowledge of voluntary provider agency operations, TABS (Tracking and Billing System), Excel, Access and other general computer skills are valuable assets for this position.
• At the time of offer, you must be ready to accept or decline the position.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• PENDING DOB APPROVAL
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.