Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
105 Enfield Falls Rd.
Minimum Qualifications Experience with outdoor labor, particularly trail maintenance and construction or any of the following:
dry stone masonry, carpentry, landscaping, general construction.
• Ability to demonstrate safe working practices.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to be professional and represent a state agency
• Experience with trail related tools including: shovels, picks, rock bars, Rogue hoes, chainsaws, gas augers, rock drills, stone shaping tools.
• Experience operating light equipment such as skid steer, mini-excavators, and UTV’s
• Experience working with winches, rope work and high-line rigging systems, or arborist work
• Game of Logging Certified
• Experience with leading paid or volunteer trail crews
• Leadership, volunteer coordination, and project management experience
Duties Description The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP) in the Finger Lakes Region is seeking two seasonal Trail Crew Members to aid in the maintenance and construction of trails within the Finger Lakes State Parks. The Trail Crew Member will work both independently and as part of a team to perform a wide range of trail maintenance and construction tasks throughout the region. Projects include new trail construction, tread and drainage improvements, dimensional lumber stairs and retaining walls, stone staircases and retaining walls, bridge construction, hazard tree removal, and general facilities maintenance. Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions, with both hand and power tools. The position requires work on uneven and steep terrain, carrying and moving tools, materials, and equipment of 50 pounds or more.
The Trail Crew member will work under the direction of two higher graded crew members and the trails coordinator. The position will require occasional leadership of volunteer crews, two SCA Parks Corps trail stewards, and conservation corps teams.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested, please send a resume and letter of intent to:
Trails Coordinator– Finger Lakes Region
New York State Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
2221 Taughannock Park Road, Trumansburg, NY 14886
Cell: 607-437-8566 | email@example.com | www.nysparks.com