101 West Liberty Street
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Nurse 1 or Nurse 2 titles.
Open Competitive Minimum Qualifications
Nurse 1 - Applicants must have a license and current registration to practice nursing in New York State. To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the New York State Application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it with other application materials.
Nurse 2 - Must have a license and be currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of full-time post-RN licensure clinical nursing experience. To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the New York State Application(http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it with your other application materials.
Must be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law by having one year of permanent service in an approved title for transfer; or be in a comparable title and eligible for Section 70.4 transfer.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Direct nursing activities, including the preparation, evaluation and implementation of nursing care plans to insure quality patient care and the development of staff. Provide direct nursing care in the areas of health maintenance, nutrition, actives of daily living, and the treatment and prevention of illness.
• Perform Nursing assessments.
• Develop detailed nursing care plans.
• Participate in the ITT process.
• In-service training of staff.
• Administer and supervise effective infection control procedures.
• Direct provision of a wide range of nursing interventions.
• Accurately administer medications and strong health assessment skills.
• Respond effectively to medical emergencies.
• Formulate and implement plans for health teaching/counseling of consumers and training of staff.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingSHIFT/PASS DAYS: Variable
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the geographic pay differential.
$57,455 - $70,028 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($45,455), Geographic Differential ($12,000) Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($58,028) for the PS&T Grade 14.
Additional compensation may apply based on the shift assignment.
Coverage is 24/7. Shifts vary.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and can perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Submit cover letter and resume by 4/30/21. Please reference the Nurse 1 title in all correspondence.