2445 State Route 30
Minimum Qualifications Transfer
Must have one year of permanent service as a Nurse 2;
Must have one year of permanent service in a title eligible for transfer under § 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
Must have one year of permanent service in a title within two (2) salary grades of G-16, and have a passing score and current status on the Nurse 2 eligible list to be eligible for transfer under § 70.4 of the Civil Service Law;
Must be active and have a reachable score on the Nurse 2 eligible list.
To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the New York State Application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it with other application materials.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Nurse 1 or 2 (all parenthetics) on an assigned shift, you will provide professional nursing services appropriate to individuals served by the program to which you are assigned. Services may include, but are not limited to, nursing interventions and their documentation, case finding, health teaching/counseling and provision of supportive and/or restorative care. You will also participate in staff training, prepare clinical and administrative reports, maintain infection control standards, and function as a member of a treatment team.
As a Nurse 2
In addition, you may provide supervision to subordinate professional, paraprofessional, and support staff in the performance of their patient/resident care duties and be responsible for maintaining inventory standards for medicine, controlled drugs, and narcotics.
Additional Comments • Please note, the posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), along with any special salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as a Geographic Differential ($7,000). The posted maximum salary (Job Rate) includes the previously mentioned Geographic Differential.
• This position may also be filled at the Nurse 1 level. Candidates hired at the entry-level title (Nurse 1) may be advanced to the full-performance level (Nurse 2) following satisfactory completion of one-year of service. To be eligible for appointment to Nurse 1, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the examination for such license AND have a score that is reachable for appointment on the Nurse 1 eligible list. The hiring rate for Nurse 1 in this location is $52,455, which includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($45,455) along with any special salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as a Geographic Differential ($7,000).
• Nurse 1 and Nurse 2 are filled via a continuous recruitment examination. Information about this examination can be found on the Department of Civil Service's Website at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/nursing/
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with any agreed upon Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and the local DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• Please note that the filling of this position is pending fiscal approval and authorization.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.