Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
65 South Broadway, Suite 103
Minimum Qualifications The Quartermaster’s Assistant position does not require specialized education or training. However, the following will be considered when making hiring decisions:
• Knowledge of general clerical/office practices and procedures
• Knowledge of data processing methods, information storage and retrieval techniques;
• Knowledge of common practices and procedures of processing and disseminating information and supporting documentation;
• Knowledge of basic record keeping practices;
• Skill in basic PC based software applications such as Microsoft Word/Excel Knowledge of internet use, email and credit card transactions for ordering;
• Skill in communication as applied to the interaction with co-workers, supervisors, the general public, and others, sufficient to exchange and/or convey information and to receive work direction.
Duties Description Under direct supervision of the Division Quartermaster, the incumbent of the Park and Recreation Aide 6 will function as the Quartermaster’s Assistant and will be responsible for basic maintenance of the Division’s equipment and supply functions, to include, issuing equipment and other supplies to Members of the New York State Park Police, receiving shipments, and maintaining records of transactions and inventory records. The Quartermaster’s Assistant also may assist the Division Quartermaster with administrative tasks including but not limited to Statewide Financial System (SFS) and Budget Expenditure Tracking (BETS) entries. The Quartermaster’s Assistant may also have to work with suppliers to request and gather quotes for items to be purchased, as well as place orders. The Quartermaster’s Assistant will be required to operate a Division vehicle to relay uniforms or equipment throughout the state and must have a clean driving record and valid New York State Driver’s License.
Additional Comments Most work is performed in a normal office environment and storeroom. The Quartermaster’s Assistant must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf you are interested in this position please submit an application to Major Michael Pavelock at Michael.Pavelock@parks.ny.gov. Applications can be found at: