Duties Description Collects and interprets data to ensure that Common Retirement Fund (CRF) staff are operating in compliance will regulations, and OSC and CRF investment policies.
· Evaluates third-party background investigation reports to confirm data is in compliance with CRF policies & procedures.
· Sorts, analyzes and compares CRF and employee trade data for easier identification of suspect transactions, and to confirm compliance with CRF policies and procedures.
· Identifies problem areas and trends with policies and regulations.
· Apprises PICM staff of changes in OSC and CRF investment policies
· Recommends changes in policies and procedures when appropriate.
Determines appropriate statistical methods to monitor corrective action(s) taken by CRF, Resolves any potential compliance violations.
· Evaluates and analyzes reports from Director of Compliance to determine program effectiveness and identify potential weaknesses.
· Develops comprehensive plans for addressing any identified issues with compliance.
· Oversees the implementation of any corrective measures to ensure compliance by CRF.
· Evaluates the effectiveness of corrective actions.
· Works with third-party provider to prepare the annual compliance questionnaire that is sent to all investment partners.
· Collects and processes data from the survey.
· Evaluates and summarizes data from questionnaires.
Works with Legal Services to ensure that compliance policies are adhered to in third party relationships.
· Partners with the Division of Legal Services and meet regularly to discuss potential compliance issues.
· Develops plans for addressing any identified issues.
· Maintain third party relationship data.
Based on analysis from various data sources, develops, refines and enforces the CRF-wide compliance and ethics policies.
· Reviews current policies and procedures for updates that may be needed.
· Develops and recommends changes in ethics policies.
· Evaluates the effectiveness of ethics policies.
Partners with Common Retirement Fund (CRF) staff to identify compliance needs and develop efficient and effective solutions.
· Attends regular meetings with Division Unit Heads to review and assess compliance needs.
· Prepares monthly compliance report for Director of Compliance.
· Evaluates and Analyzes Division program data to assess the adequacy of internal controls using knowledge of current research methodology.
Assist in the Division’s annual internal controls certification and risk assessment by selecting appropriate statistical tools and methodology to analyze compliance data.
· Participates in activities related to the continuous internal audit program.
· Updates the Division’s internal control assessment by identifying key Division players and objectives.
· Evaluates previous certifications to evaluate whether weaknesses have been resolved.
Prepare and present written and oral reports on compliance issues to CRF Management.
· Researches and compiles information needed to write and prepare written and oral reports.
· Uses analytical procedures to compare trends over time or to provide comparatives between different segments of the business.
· Prepares graphs and written reports summarizing compliance results.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
· Strong written and oral communication skills to create documents and presentations for internal and external communications.
· Professional and exhibits discretion and confidentiality when handling and discussing sensitive materials.
· Strong commitment to the fiduciary responsibilities of the Common Retirement Fund.
· Possesses a BA in business, economics or similar quantitative field.
· Has experience in an investment environment.
· Ability to communicate issues, variances, solutions to business partners.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on Applying Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 20, 2020. Please reference Item #06958 – GOER-SAB when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.